This incredible project would not be possible without the continued support and contributions from friends, family, the Sea to Sky outdoor community, and outdoor industry.
The full list of personal donations and support is already too long to dare list in full, but we want you all to know we are very appreciative of your support. That includes all of you at past Kees and Claire Memorial parties, attendees at the infamous Brett Carlson Memorials at the GLC, more recent Spearhead Huts Project fundraisers and benefit events, and the many faces we will inevitably encounter throughout this project.
We would like to add a special thanks to the continued support, donations and future commitments from the following community members and outdoor industry contacts.
Thanks For Your Donations
Thanks to the extremely generous and substantial donation from the Kees Brenninkmeyer Foundation, the first hut at the Russet Lake location will now be a reality. The hut will be named the Kees and Claire Hut in honour of Kees Brenninkmeyer and Claire Dixon who’s unfortunate passing during a Wapta ski traverse trip in 2006 inspired a revival of the Spearhead Huts Project.
We are actively seeking primary naming rights donors for the two subsequent huts planned this project at Mt Pattison and Mt Macbeth.
- Alpine Club of Canada – National – Thank you for the $5,000 donation at the 2011 Spearhead Soiree.
- Arc’teryx – Thank you for the donation and support.
- Patagonia – Thank you for the $10,000 donation at the 2012 Mountain Culture Variety Show.
- Kees & Claire Memorial Hut Society
- Brett Carlson Memorial Foundation
- Eduardo Campos Memorial – This memorial fund is now committed to contributing its donations to the Spearhead Hut project.
- Golder Associates (Squamish office) – Thank you for your donation of geotechnical engineering services.
- Reid Jones Christoffersen (Vancouver office) – Thank you for your donation of building envelope services.
- Bennett Land Surveying – Thank you, John Franko and Trevor Hutchins, for providing your expertise surveying the proposed hut sites.
- Frank Baumann – Thank you for your geotechnical review of the hut sites.
- Oldrich Ungr – Thank you for your geotechnical review of the hut sites.
- Karl Ricker – Thank you for the generous donation, project support, and inspiration.
- Origin Design + Communications Whistler – Thank you for graphic design contributions.
- Watermark Communications – Thanks to Sue and her team for the huge event support for our annual spring fundraising event in Whistler.
- Howe Sound Inn and Brewery – Thank you for donating a convenient meeting place for our monthly meetings, and of course for hosting one of our annual fundraisers.
- Mountain Life Magazine – Thank you for your continued donations and outreach via your annual special events.
- Kootenay & Coast Mountain Culture Magazines – Thanks for your support.
- Escape Route – Thanks for your continued project support and donations at our fundraiser events.
Kees and Claire Memorial Project Donors & Event Sponsors
- Backcountry Snowcats – Thanks for all the amazing cat skiing prize donations during our early fundraising events. They were a hit!
- Planker Wanker Ball – Thanks to all the participants and donors at the annual Planker Wanker Ball in Colorado, raising funds each year in honor of Cornelius ‘Kees’ Brenninkmeyer.
- Teton Gravity Research – Thank you for continuing to donate your film for our annual Kees & Claire Winter Kick Off Fundraiser
- Surefoot Whistler – Surefoot has been incredibly generous in contributing significant prizes to all of our Kees & Claire Winter Kick Off fundraiser events
- Extremely Canadian – Thank you for your annual silent auction donations, and for inspiring Kees to pursue a life in the mountains.