Hut Operations Manager
The Spearhead Huts Society (SHS) is seeking a part-time/contract Hut Operations Manager to manager the operations and maintenance of up to three alpine backcountry huts in the Spearhead Range of Garibaldi Provincial Park near Whistler, British Columbia. The first of these huts will be completed and open for operations starting 2019. The SHS is seeking a candidate to join our team in summer 2019 to prepare for initial opening and operation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the overall operations and maintenance of the huts in a cost effective manner, including the following:
- Coordinate operations such as replenishment of propane supplies and waste disposal
- Work with the SHS’s Operations Committee to develop policy and procedures to govern hut bookings, operations, maintenance, as well as Hut rules and signage.
- Coordinate trades people and volunteers to complete all maintenance and repairs
- Managing accounts and finances
- Ensuring that all operations and maintenance are compliant with the terms of the Huts’ BC Provincial Park Use Permit (PUP) and Annual Operating Plan
The Operations Manager will work with volunteers from member clubs and organizations, the Operations Committee, and will report to the SHS Board of Directors
The applicant should have a background in building operations and maintenance, backcountry recreation, and office productivity such as Microsoft Office.
This is a contract part-time position suitable for someone located in the Squamish-Whistler-Pemberton area. The candidate should be reasonably fit and able to make regularly scheduled visits to the hut sites, either by helicopter or by self-propelled means (backcountry skiing & hiking). Salary is $25/hr with benefits negotiable.
About the SHS
The Spearhead Huts Society (SHS) is a non-profit society comprised of several interest groups and clubs all sharing a common goal – to create a world-class backcountry hut-to-hut system in Garibaldi Provincial Park. The organizations include Kees and Claire Memorial Hut Society, Brett Carlson Memorial Foundation, Alpine Club of Canada – Whistler Section, Alpine Club of Canada – Vancouver Section and the British Columbia Mountaineering Club.
Please forward you application to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.