We are thrilled to announce that from now until the end of their winter operating season (May 21 2018), Whistler Blackcomb has committed to donate 100% of backcountry lift ticket proceeds to the Spearhead Huts Project. Last season during the same time period there was approximately $25000 worth of backcountry ticket sales, and we look forward to further boosting that number this year with everyone’s help.
This is a superb way to enjoy a day of lift accessed ski touring this spring and directly contribute to the Spearhead Huts Project at the same time – without an extra cost to you.
Spread the word throughout the mountain community, come up for some awesome lift-accessed spring ski touring, and you will all be helping this ambitious hut project become a reality.
From Whistler Blackcomb’s website, they note:
- Price: $61.95 (tax included).
- Availability of backcountry tickets is assessed daily by Ski Patrol.
- Proper gear is required to purchase ticket: avalanche transceiver and demonstrated ability to use it, probe, shovel, skins or snowshoes, cell phone.
- Tickets are sold for a specific lift set to reach the backcountry access points and cannot be used on other lifts.
- Guests must sign the Backcountry Access Agreement.